4

Pencil Portrait

Hasty Pencil Portrait Coz I Partied All Night.

One of the things I promised myself this year to do more of is to create art. This is technically the first artwork I did this year, a pencil portrait of a family friend who turned 70 on New Year's Day. I took her photo then copied her profile on a piece of heavy paper, then framed it. This was my birthday gift for her, this lady who travels between London, Denmark, New Jersey and the Philippines to visit her other children and grandkids. I added musical notes around her head because she loves to sing, especially during worship. She's a grandmother/mother to all of us in our little community.

I wonder if I'll also be a traveling grandmother someday. I hope I have strong enough knees and back to do that. Which means I have to work on my calcium intake more than trying to understand what AEM cold air intake is about.

4 vandalized my wall:

witsandnuts said...

Bravo! Someday I will ask you to sketch my face. Heeheehee.

Bubbles said...

Thats really good as I can not draw people at all.

Kayni said...

wow, that's a really nice sketch. i'm sure she loved it.

Anonymous said...

Seems like an incredible person, nice drawing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails