0

dare to go braille

watched "daredevil" on DVD today. noticed that the movie's portrayal of how matt murdock became blind and acquired his heightened sensory powers deviated from what i've read on my marvel page-a-day calendar. he was said to have helped a blind man from an accident as a kid, but got himself blind when a truck splattered radioactive goo on his eyes. however, in the movie, he saw his boxer dad beat up some guy, got shocked by the incident, and ran into a truck carrying said radioactive goo which hit his eyes and blinded him since.

interesting part is that his day job is a lawyer. now, couldn't he get disbarred from his nocturnal daredevil antics? hehe.

colin farrell as "bulls-eye" hit his role right on target, so to speak, with his maniacal eyes, irish accent and well, a bulls-eye tattooed on his forehead.

only a marvel comics geek (like me) would notice that stan lee, the man behind marvel comics, had a cameo appearance in the movie. he was the old man reading a newspaper whom young murdoc helped cross the street. there were some other marvel names thrown in as characters in the movie, like john romita, the boxing opponent of matt's dad. i do know that one john romita jr. is an artist who draws for marvel. mr. lee who paid matt's law firm with fish apparently has some reference to stan lee. kirby, the guy at the morgue/forensics lab reminded me of the late marvel artist jack kirby.

finally, the movie featured two songs by evanescence. "bring me to life" (the video of which i only got to see in full today) and "my immortal" (currently climbing the radio charts). i love the latter song. slow, sad, sentimental.

my immortal
- evanescence

i'm so tired of being here
suppressed by all of my childish fears
and if you have to leave
i wish that you would just leave
because your presence still lingers here
and it won't leave me alone

these wounds won't seem to heal
this pain is just too real
there's just too much that time cannot erase


when you cried i'd wipe away all of your tears
when you'd scream i'd fight away all of your fears
and i've held your hand through all of these years
but you still have all of me

you used to captivate me
by your resonating light
but now i'm bound by the life you left behind
your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

these wounds won't seem to heal
this pain is just too real
there's just too much that time cannot erase

when you cried i'd wipe away all of your tears
when you'd scream i'd fight away all of your fears
and i've held your hand through all of these years
but you still have all of me

i've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
and though you're still with me
i've been alone all along


fairy-like, goth princess amy lee in evanescence's my immortal video

0 vandalized my wall:

Related Posts with Thumbnails