3

Drifting Away on a Summer Cloud



I was sitting at the deck this hot and lazy Thursday afternoon trying to answer some multiple choice questions with a number 2 pencil when my thoughts drifted to a summer getaway in the countryside, with wild flowers of every color surrounding me.

I remembered the lush, green grass at Niagara Falls State Park in New York that we visited last month. I remembered how I was tempted to flee from the tram ride I was on so I could roll on the grass dotted with white and yellow dandelions. I thought it was such a dandy-looking blanket of grass.



And then my pencil drifted off into a blank, white paper. This carefree girl clutching flowers emerged from my imagination...drifting away on a summer cloud.

This is my very first entry for Illustration Friday. This week's theme is "Drifting." My mind keeps drifting off into other places, hence this drawing. Will I get to share another piece of my "art attacks" in the future? We'll see.

3 vandalized my wall:

Unknown said...

Nice drawing! I like how you define your own 'drifting':-)

fortuitous faery said...

thank you, pilarcat! coming from a professional artist such as yourself, it means a lot. really. :)

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

She looks so comfy! Sometimes the best drawings happen while we are trying to work on something else. Nicely done!! And congratulations on your first IF post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails