2

Achara Apprentice


My aunt's specialty is achara. It's shredded green papaya salad cooked with vinegar, sugar, onions, carrots, garlic and bell peppers. One of my goals while here in the Philippines is to learn her secret recipe, hence I'm her "Achara Apprentice." My family in the states are such big fans of her achara that we always request her to make it if someone is flying from the Philippines.

My parents are flying to Manila tonight and this achara was specially requested by my mom. It's one of our home-made gifts for her. Lots of this will also be going into our luggage back to New Jersey. Hopefully, I'll be able to copy my aunt's signature taste!

2 vandalized my wall:

Oman said...

ang sarap nyan lalo na kung may kasamang litson manok.

fortuitous faery said...

or anything fried! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails